Often beginners ask us: Why should I use WordPress? Isn’t my old site looks fair enough? Why do I need to switch to WordPress? If you’re asking these questions, then you are at the right place. In this article, we have explained a few reasons why you should use WordPress for your website irrespective of your business/domain:
Most of them confuse WordPress as a blogging platform, it has emerged as a versatile CMS in last few years. The best part about WP is that it’s easy to use and so flexible for just anything. According to recent survey WordPress powers 22.5% of all websites on the internet.
- WordPress is a FREE software: this means you are free to download, install, use and modify it. Being an Open Source it is available for anyone to study, modify and play with.
- Anyone can contribute to WordPress by writing patches, answering support questions, writing plugins, creating themes, translating WordPress and updating documentation.
- WordPress is Expansible by Using Themes and Plugins: There are currently 2600+ WordPress themes and 42,782+ plugins available for free. That’s a lot to chose from, right? There is a WordPress theme for just about everything i.e. eCommerce, magazine, photography, social network, blog, news, corporate, artist, and what not.. WP themes are easy to modify come with their own dashboard allowing you to change colors, logo, background, create beautiful sliders, and do all cool things with your website.
- WordPress is SEO friendly: Automatically integrate your blog posts with social media like Twitter, face book, LinkedIn, etc. and you can make it more SEO friendly by using WordPress SEO Plugins by Yoast.
- WordPress is easy to manage and very safe: WordPress comes with built-in updater that allows you to update your plugins and themes within your WP admin dashboard. It will notify you when there is a new update available. “A 100% secure website doesn’t exist”
Here are few best practices and precautive measures to secure your WP website:-
- Keep your website & plugins up-to-date
- Remove unwanted data and keep regular updates
- Protect your “Admin Access” with strong password
- Prefer two-factor authentication
- Choose right Web Hosting provider
- Keep your system clean from Viruses, Malware- “Stay vigilant”
This is interesting: see who are the top businesses using WordPress – https://wordpress.org/showcase/
We hope this article answered your question about why you should use WordPress. The best way to experience the true power of WordPress is by using it. Give it a try..! And do let us know in below coment section. Happy WPing 🙂